Wednesday 23 September 2009

Editing in Teaser Trailer

I have been watching some teaser trailers to gain an understanding of the average shot per second ratio. I looked at three romantic comedy trailers which were “The Proposal”, “Love Actually” and “The Ugly Truth”. I also looked at an action trailer because I wanted to see if there was a difference between the genres teaser trailers, what I have found was that there isn’t any difference the number of shots in the trailers were all roughly the same.
The structures of the narrative in the teaser trailer is non-linear as they chose clips that are of interest and best in the movie as the teaser, considering its only shown for a few seconds this entices the audiences in wanting to view more, which is the sole purpose of teasers attracting viewers.

No comments:

Post a Comment